Stubble is a plugin for Autodesk Maya 2011 providing user-friendly virtual hairstyling, i.e., creation, editing, and animation of hair or fur on 3D models. It is written in C++ and MEL scripting language using the OpenGL and Qt libraries.
- Low disk space footprint of the generated data at render time
- Procedural hair generation and interpolation via editable guide hairs
- Hair dynamics via Maya NURBS curves
- Wide user control over the output using textures
- Intuitive interface with real-life like tools, e.g., scissors or brush
- large variety of input devices, e.g., mouse, tablet, or a haptic device